The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (TEF EP) is an initiative launched by Nigerian businessman Tony Elumelu through his Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF). The program is aimed at fostering entrepreneurship and supporting startups and small businesses across Africa.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation is the leading champion of entrepreneurship in Africa. Its objective is to empower women and men across our continent, catalyzing economic growth, driving poverty eradication, and ensuring job creation.
The foundation believe the private sector’s role is critical for Africa’s development and that the private sector must create both social and economic wealth. By supporting businesses that contribute to job creation, economic development, and innovation, the TEF EP aims to drive positive change across Africa.
With the TEP EP, you get exposure and this exposure not only enhances cultural and regional diversity but also fosters a sense of a broader African entrepreneurial community.
Key features of the TEF EP
The key features of the programme includes the following;
- Training and Mentorship: Selected entrepreneurs undergo a comprehensive training program that covers various aspects of business development. They also receive mentorship from experienced business leaders and professionals.
- Seed Capital: One of the notable aspects of the program is the provision of seed capital to selected entrepreneurs. This financial support is intended to help them kickstart or scale their businesses.
- Networking Opportunities: Participants get the chance to connect with other entrepreneurs, business leaders, and potential partners, fostering a supportive network for growth and collaboration.
- Pan-African Reach: The TEF EP is open to entrepreneurs from all 54 African countries, reflecting its pan-African focus and commitment to supporting businesses across the continent.
- Annual Application Process: The program typically opens its application process annually, allowing entrepreneurs to submit their business ideas or existing ventures for consideration.
- Sectors: The TEF EP is inclusive in terms of the sectors it supports. It is not limited to a specific industry, allowing a diverse range of entrepreneurs to participate.
- Commitment to African Development: Tony Elumelu’s vision for the foundation is rooted in a belief in the transformative power of entrepreneurship in driving economic development and job creation across Africa.
Entrepreneurs who are selected to participate in the program are expected to use the knowledge, skills, and funding received to grow and sustain their businesses, contributing to the overall economic development of the continent.
Benefits Of The Tony Elumelu Foundation EP
Participating in the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (TEF EP) offers several benefits to selected entrepreneurs. Here are some of the key advantages;
- Entrepreneurs selected for the program receive seed capital of $5000 to either start their businesses or scale existing ventures.
- Participants undergo a rigorous training program that covers various aspects of entrepreneurship, business management, and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurs are paired with experienced mentors who provide guidance, share insights, and offer valuable advice.
- The TEF EP provides a platform for entrepreneurs to connect with like-minded individuals, potential partners, investors, and other stakeholders.
- The program’s pan-African reach allows entrepreneurs from various countries across the continent to participate.
- Entrepreneurs gain access to a range of resources, including business development tools, industry experts, and a supportive community.
- Being selected for the TEF EP brings recognition and visibility to entrepreneurs and their businesses.
- The program is designed to empower entrepreneurs to create positive social and economic impact in their communities.
TEF EP Eligibility
To be eligible for the programme, simply read the following;
- Open to all citizenz and legal residents of any one of the 54 African countries
- The proposed business must be registerde and operate in Africa
- Applicants must be 18years old and above. He or she must not be considered a minor
- Applicants can be outstanding entreprenurs running existing start-ups with high growth potential
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early-stage company in the range of 0-3years old
- Your application must focus on ONE business only
2024 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme – How To Apply
Follow the steps below to apply for the TEF EP;
- Go to the official Tony Elumelu Foundation website (
- Click on APPLY NOW at the top right side of the page.
- Before applying, carefully review the eligibility criteria to ensure that you meet the requirements.
- If it’s your first time applying, you may need to create an account on the foundation’s online platform. This account will be used to submit and track your application.
- Fill out the application form with accurate and detailed information about yourself and your business. Be prepared to provide information about your business idea or existing venture, including its objectives, challenges, and potential impact.
- The application process may require you to upload certain documents, such as a business plan, financial statements, and other relevant materials. Ensure that you have all the necessary documentation ready before starting the application.
- Once you have completed the application form and uploaded all required documents, submit your application through the online platform. Make sure to double-check all information before submitting.
- After submitting your application, you may receive a confirmation email. Keep an eye on your email and the foundation’s official communications for any updates or requests for additional information.
After the above steps, simply wait for the result. The selection process may take some time. Be patient and wait for the foundation to announce the selected entrepreneurs.
Application Closing Dating
The application closing date is on the 1st of March, 2024.
Feel free to share this 2024 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme – How To Apply on your social media accounts so that others can know about it.