Facebook Dating Setup – Facebook has made its mark with the introduction of Facebook Dating. Launched in 2019, this feature offers a unique platform for users to connect with potential partners within the familiar framework of the social media giant.
In this article, we’ll look into the features of Facebook Dating and provide a step-by-step guide on how to set up your own Facebook Dating profile.
Dating on Facebook is a wonderful feature introduced by the social media giant that allows eligible persons join and find love without stress. Dating is simply a space within Facebook that makes it easier to meet and start new conversations with people who share your interests.
Setting up your account to get started on the platform is easy as A, B, C, and D. All you have to do is to adhere to the basic steps given in this article and you’ll be very much good to go.
Features Of Facebook Dating
Facebook dating comes with numerous features that aim at giving you the best of dating service on the blue app. Some of the features are listed below;
- Opt-in Privacy
- Secret Crush
- Events and Groups
- Safety Features
- Video Calls
Facebook Dating Requirements
To be able to take part in the dating on FB, you must meet the following requirements;
- You must be 18years and above
- Your Facebook account must be in good standard
- You must be running the latest version of Facebook app
- Your country must be among the countries where Facebook dating is currently functional
Facebook App Update Latest Version
The latest version of Facebook comes with a lot of features which includes “Dating”. Updating your Facebook app is free and when that is done, you should be able to use the dating feature seamlessly.
To update your Facebook app, simply follow the steps below;
- Open your Google Play Store or App Store
- In the search bar, type and search for “Facebook“
- Select the official Facebook app from the list of applications displayed
- Tap on Update and the app will be updated successfully on your device
Facebook Dating Eligible Countries
Below are the countries eligible for dating; if your country is not listed here, you can update your app and check again.
- United States
- United Kingdom
Facebook Dating Setup
Creating a Facebook Dating profile is a simple process. Below are the step-by-step guide to help you get started.
- Open the updated Facebook app and sign in to your account if you are not signed in
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner for iPhone or top right corner for Android.
- Scroll down and select “Dating.” You’ll be prompted to create your dating profile by answering questions about your gender, location, and the gender(s) you’re interested in dating.
- Select a few photos from your Facebook profile to add to your dating profile. It’s recommended to choose images that showcase your personality and interests.
- Craft a brief bio that provides potential matches with a glimpse of your personality and what you’re looking for in a relationship.
- Specify your dating preferences, including distance, age range, and maximum number of suggested matches per day.
- Facebook Dating uses your location to suggest potential matches, so make sure your location settings are accurate.
- Complete additional details about your education, job, religion, and more if you wish. This can help potential matches learn more about you.
- Once your profile is set up, Facebook Dating will begin suggesting matches based on your preferences. You can browse through profiles, like or pass on potential matches, and start conversations with those who are interested in you.
Your Facebook Dating profile is separate from your main Facebook profile, ensuring that your dating activity won’t be visible to your friends and family unless you choose to share it.
If you are curious about what Facebook Dating has to offer, follow these Facebook Dating Setup steps to create your profile and start connecting with potential matches today.